Thursday, July 14, 2011

14th July.

Woke up late for us and Annette was just out of bed when the maid tried to open the door. Must be late so time was a wasting (Vince) I suppose so I get up and we are nearly ready to go out when the maid again tries to get into the room and was stopped by Annette who spoke to her and found out that our key was left in the outside of the door overnight so we assume she thought we had left. Annette said she was a pretty young thing.

What I found amusing is that last night Annette asked me if the door was locked and I told her it was and you couldn't open it from outside without the key. Of course my word is not worth much when it comes to security, mind you we have been living in a tent!!!!! Anyway, she checked the door from inside and out and clicks the catch inside and now informs me we are safe and secure leaving the key in the door on the outside. Our room is at the top of the stairs and 50 people must have tramped past last night. Safe and secure, ha.

She's now hungry so keen to get going. I told her she could wander off without me as I thought I might stay here awhile longer, you know, third time lucky. She's not having a bar of that and I'm dragged off for a late breakfast down by the river watching the world go by or at least these two fishing.

Patchy overcast today and would have been ideal weather for walking. Back to town for a bit of a look around and a nice vase purchased from a lady who's husband makes them and she hand paints them in the shop. It's to be posted home so one can only hope it arrives in one piece. Back to the hotel and more blog completed and tent and other gear packed up. View from the window of the hotel.

Church in the evening. This Bastille Day has been a bit of a disappointment. I thought there would be gunshots in the street or at least a few firecrackers being let off from passing cars, that sort of thing, but nothing. Promise of fireworks tonight.

Annette said it's now official. I have more hair on my face than above it. A sad day.

Back down the street for pizza and salad for dinner and afterwards fireworks for Bastille Day in front of the Abbey. A really good display accompanied by music. Then back to one of the squares near the hotel where there was dancing in the street. We are going to go to sleep tonight with proper French music drifting through the open window. Now how good is that?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Annette why is Don Bourke in your hotel room??????

    ReplyDelete