Friday, July 22, 2011

23rdJuly.

Rest day in Les Lyzies. Had a sleep in until 9am then had cereal and hot chocolate drink for breakfast. I had started to think I was carrying provisions around for nothing. Spent the day just walking around the area and visiting a prehistoric man museum. It was in a great big new expensive building and I must have missed a lot of the significance of a lot of the displays as it was all in French, cause 90 percent of it all looked like scrap pieces of rocks and flint that...well what can I say, if you've seen one flake of flint you have seen them all. What I did find interesting was the video displays of making the Flint tools and this big fellow. A bigger one was apparently wandering around Ireland years ago.

Spotted this pretty water wheel scene in town.

The circus is following us. They had a couple of truck and five trailers combinations and it was a circus itself watching them progress through the town.

Found they were camped where there was another circus last night so we will be hearing the lions all night again. I'm in the tent writing this up and listening to a very proper male English voice telling who ever is putting up the tents on the site behind us that the ground sheet is wet and it was because of human error. He kept repeating this and it was grating on my nerves. After the forth time I felt like popping my head out of the tent and saying, "human error my arse, someone made a f@&#%€g mistake mate and it was probably you."

Lions or tigers or whatever they were did make a racket during the night. Believe me when I say that if you didn't know what was making that noise you wouldn't be lying in the tent for long. You would be locking yourself in the toilet till day break and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment